Governing Board Meeting
The TCOG Governing Board meets on the third Thursday of each month. To view a list of current board members as well as the most recent twelve meeting agendas and approved minutes, please visit
Texoma Council of Governments
Governing Board Meeting
Thursday, September 19, 2013 – 5:30 p.m.
- Call to Order & Declaration of a Quorum
- Invocation and Pledges
- Welcome Guests
- Approval of Minutes: Approve Meeting Minutes for August 2013
- Executive Director’s Report
- Economic Dashboard Quarterly and Annual Report – Uttara Nilawar
- Annual Event
- Eco-Tourism Symposium
- Authorize the Secretary/Treasurer to make payments in the amounts as listed.
- Authorize the acceptance of the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) contract Amendment for FY 2014. FY 2014 is a one year extension of a 3-year contract.
- Approve the submission of the FY 2014/2015 Municipal Solid Waste Regional Funding Plan and Application totaling $230,000 to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) and approve resolution to support the FY2014/2015 application.
- Authorize Executive Director to execute an inter-local agreement with Grayson County Community Supervision and Corrections Department (CSCD) for completion of a comprehensive evaluation report of the Grayson County CSCD Drug Court.
- Accept the Contract for 9-1-1 Services for FY2014-2015 between the Commission on State Emergency Communications (CSEC) and the Texoma Council of Governments.
- Authorize the acceptance of the FY2014 Interlocal Agreement between the Office of the Governor, Criminal Justice Division and TCOG for $59,497.00.
- Authorize Contract with Fannin County to develop their Hazard Mitigation Action Plan for $40,000.
- Authorize the FY2014-2015 Revised Interlocal Agreement for 9-1-1 Services.
- Authorize submission of the Section 8 Annual and 5-Year PHA Plan to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Authorize submission and if awarded, the acceptance of the annual Section 8 Family Self-Sufficiency Grant in the amount of $65,862.
- Authorize Executive Director to enter into an MOU with the Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) in order to participate in the Section 8 Program MFP Demonstration.
- Approve ratification for grant funding from the previously approved amount of $807,228 to $9,813,397 from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for the purpose of expanding and innovating services for seniors in the Texoma area through TCOG’s Elder Watch Program.
- Authorize submission of grant application and acceptance of funding, if awarded, for the Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) grant for FY 2014.
- Authorize the congregate and home delivered meal budget totaling $481,803. ($189,600 for congregate and $292,203 for home delivered meals) for the Tri-County Senior Nutrition Project, Inc. (DBA Meals on Wheels of Texoma).
- Accept this report of investments for the period February 1, 2013 through April 30, 2013.
- Accept this report of investments for the period May 1, 2013 through July 31, 2013.
- Accept recommendation, if any, regarding TCOG FYE 2014 Budget.
- President’s Report
All items on Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Council of Governments and will be enacted with one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items unless a member of the governing body or a citizen so requests, in which event these items will be removed from the general order of business and considered in normal sequence.
View Meeting Agendas and Minutes here when published.