Governing Board Meeting
The TCOG Governing Board meets on the third Thursday of each month. To view a list of current board members as well as the most recent twelve meeting agendas and approved minutes, please visit
Texoma Council of Governments
Governing Board Meeting
Thursday, October 20, 2016 – 5:30 p.m.
- Call to Order & Declaration of a Quorum
- Invocation and Pledges
- Welcome Guests
- Executive Director’s Report
- Approval of Minutes
- Ratify liabilities paid in the amounts as listed.
- Amend the contract with Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) which includes an increase to the CSBG contract for 2016.
- Executive Session
Announcement by the presiding officer that a closed meeting will take place as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071, “Consultations with Attorney,” for the Board to seek advice on legal matters.
- Closed Meeting: Board shall convene into a closed executive session pursuant to Section 551.071 of the TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE to seek legal advice from its attorney regarding pending litigation – Stacee Sloan Caskey v. Keith Clegg, and Stacee Sloan Caskey v. Susan Thomas, individually and as Executive Director, and the Texoma Council of Governments matters.
- Reconvene into open meeting.
- Discussion and decision on any action as a result of executive session.
- Authorize acceptance of $75,000 awarded by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC).
- Ratify submission of the CSBG CAP and Budget for fiscal year 2017 to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA).
- Approve interlocal agreements with Cooke and Fannin counties and the cities of Gunter, Van Alstyne, and Whitewright for GIS services.
- Ratify Audit & Finance Committee Approval of TCOG’s Audit Report for Fiscal Year Ended 04/30/2016: Ratify the Audit Report as presented, ratify payment to the audit firm in accordance with the terms of the engagement letter; and authorize distribution of the Audit Report to appropriate grantor agencies.
- Receive Monthly Financial Oversight Report for date listed.
- Accept this report of investments for the period of February 1, 2016 through April 30, 2016 and for the period of May 1, 2016 through July 31, 2016.
- Accept recommendation, if any, regarding TCOG’s FYE 2017 Budget.
- President’s Report
All items on Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Council of Governments and will be enacted with one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Governing Body or a citizen so requests, in which event these items will be removed from the general order of business and considered in normal sequence.
View Meeting Agendas and Minutes here when published.