Governing Board Meeting
The TCOG Governing Board meets on the third Thursday of each month. To view a list of current board members as well as the most recent twelve meeting agendas and approved minutes, please visit
Texoma Council of Governments
Governing Board Meeting
Thursday, November 17, 2016 – 5:30 p.m.
- Call to Order & Declaration of a Quorum
- Invocation and Pledges
- Welcome Guests
- Executive Director’s Report
- Approval of Minutes
- Ratify liabilities paid in the amounts as listed.
- Executive Session
Announcement by the presiding officer that a closed meeting will take place as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071, “Consultations with Attorney,” for the Board to seek advice on legal matters.
- Closed Meeting: Board shall convene into a closed executive session pursuant to Section 551.071 of the TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE to seek legal advice from its attorney regarding pending litigation – Stacee Sloan Caskey v. Keith Clegg, and Stacee Sloan Caskey v. Susan Thomas, individually and as Executive Director, and the Texoma Council of Governments matters.
- Reconvene into open meeting.
- Discussion and decision on any action as a result of executive session.
- Accept the FY2016 OOG, Homeland Security Grant Division Award.
- Approve the FY2016-2017 AT&T Maintenance Contract for the TCOG 9-1-1 Equipment.
- Approve the recommended by-law changes for the TCOG Homeland Security Advisory Committee (HSAC) and the recommended committee officers.
- Approve the FY2017 Texoma Regional Homeland Security Risk Methodology.
- Approve the FY2017 Texoma Regional Threat & Hazard Identification Risk Assessment, Regional State Preparedness Report and the Regional Implementation Plan.
- Authorize submission and, if awarded, the acceptance of the Cooke County United Way Lake Kiowa Women’s Golf Tournament proposal.
- Authorize submission and acceptance, if awarded, of twenty-four (24) additional VASH vouchers.
- Authorize Executive Director to execute contract with Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) for the 2-1-1 Information and Referral Program and Childcare Contract.
- Ratify the Interim CEAP Contract with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) to serve the following North Texas Counties: Collin, Denton, Hunt, and Rockwall.
- Ratify the amended contract with DOE for the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) funding.
- Authorize proposed adjustments to salaries.
- Receive Monthly Financial Oversight Report for date listed.
- Accept recommendation, if any, regarding TCOG’s FYE 2017 Budget.
- President’s Report
All items on Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Council of Governments and will be enacted with one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Governing Body or a citizen so requests, in which event these items will be removed from the general order of business and considered in normal sequence.
View Meeting Agendas and Minutes here when published.