Governing Board Meeting
The TCOG Governing Board meets on the third Thursday of each month. To view a list of current board members as well as the most recent twelve meeting agendas and approved minutes, please visit
Texoma Council of Governments
Governing Board Meeting
Thursday, May 26, 2016 – 5:30 p.m.
- Call to Order & Declaration of a Quorum
- Invocation and Pledges
- Welcome Guests
- Executive Director’s Report
- Presentation of TCOG staff responses to Governing Board request for input on policy revisions
- Approval of Minutes
- Ratify liabilities paid in the amounts as listed.
- Receive letter from Texoma Housing Partners Board of Commissioners Chairperson Betty Childress
- Executive Session
- Closed Meeting: Board shall convene into a closed executive session pursuant to Section 551.071 of the TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE to seek legal advice from its attorney regarding pending litigation – Stacee Sloan Caskey v. Keith Clegg matter.
- Reconvene into open meeting.
- Discussion and decision on any action as a result of executive session.
- Take action on proposed TCOG By-Laws Amendments.
- Take action on proposed TCOG Personnel Policy Manual (PPM) Amendments.
- Approve contract with Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) for 2015 unobligated CSBG funds.
- Ratify contract with Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) for CEAP funding.
- Ratify the amended contract with DOE for the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) funding.
- Approve the resolution in regard to the FY2016 Homeland Security Grant Application.
- Authorize recommendations from the TCOG Criminal Justice Advisory Committee (CJAC) results from the scoring and ranking of applicants for the following funding categories for Funding Year (FY) 2017:
- Criminal Justice Program
- General Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention Program Solicitation
- General Victim Assistance Direct Service Program Solicitation
- Violent Crimes against Women Criminal Justice & Training projects
- Receive and approve the slate of officers presented by the Nominating Committee.
- Authorize corrections to two (2) salaries in the 2017 budget.
- Adjust Air Ambulance line in FYE 2017 Benefits budget to $3,465 to reflect increase in pricing and anticipated increase in headcount.
- Receive Monthly Financial Oversight Reports for dates listed.
- Approve recommended changes to Procedure 95-01-1 Investment Policy in the Generalized Accounting Procedures Manual.
- Accept recommendation, if any, regarding TCOG’s FYE 2016 Budget.
- President’s Report
All items on Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Council of Governments and will be enacted with one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Governing Body or a citizen so requests, in which event these items will be removed from the general order of business and considered in normal sequence.
Announcement by the presiding officer that a closed meeting will take place as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071, “Consultations with Attorney,” for the Board to seek advice on legal matters.
View Meeting Agendas and Minutes here when published.