Governing Board Meeting
The TCOG Governing Board meets on the third Thursday of each month. To view a list of current board members as well as the most recent twelve meeting agendas and approved minutes, please visit
Texoma Council of Governments
Governing Board Meeting
Thursday, May 15, 2014 – 5:30 p.m.
- Call to Order & Declaration of a Quorum
- Invocation and Pledges
- Welcome Guests
- Approval of Minutes: Approve Meeting Minutes for April 2014
- Executive Director’s Report
- Public Safety Program Presentation, CJ Durbin-Higgins
- Aging Programs Update – ADRC, CBO – Janet Karam
- Foster Grandparent Recognition Event – May 22 – Roughrider game in Frisco; Award Presentation at TCOG following game
- Employee Appreciation Luncheon – Friday, May 30th at noon
- Outgoing Board Member Recognition
- Authorize the Secretary/Treasurer to make payments in the amounts as listed
- Authorize submission of Section 8 FSS Grant renewal and, if awarded, the acceptance of annual funds in the amount of $64,754.
- Authorize the approval of FY2014 Allocation Range, Risk Methodology, and Homeland Security Projects submitted to the Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Homeland Security State Administrative Agency (SAA).
- Authorize the submission of Criminal Justice Prioritized Projects to the Office of the Governor’s (OOG), Criminal Justice Division (CJD) for the following funding categories for Funding Year (FY) 2015: Criminal Justice Program, General Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention Program Solicitation, General Victim Assistance Direct Service Program Solicitation, and Violent Crimes against Women Criminal Justice & Training Projects.
- Approve the final CSBG budget ending December 31, 2014 and authorize submission to the Texas Department of Housing & Community Affairs (TDHCA).
- Ratify Executive Director’s execution of a revised contract with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) for an increase in CEAP funding in the amount of $151,860, for a contract total of $762,418; and of a new contract for supplemental CEAP funds in the amount of $142, 112.
- Approve the recommended amendment to the TCOG Personnel Policy Manual as follows: Amend Section 7.9.1, Tobacco-Free Workplace and Campus, “to include all forms of electronic cigarettes” as prohibited.
- Accept this report of investments for the period of November 1, 2013 through January 31, 2014.
- Accept recommendation, if any, regarding TCOG FYE 2014 Budget.
- President’s Report
All items on Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Council of Governments and will be enacted with one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items unless a member of the governing body or a citizen so requests, in which event these items will be removed from the general order of business and considered in normal sequence.
View Meeting Agendas and Minutes here when published.