Governing Board Meeting
The TCOG Governing Board meets on the third Thursday of each month. To view a list of current board members as well as the most recent twelve meeting agendas and approved minutes, please visit
Texoma Council of Governments
Governing Board Meeting
Thursday, June 20, 2013 – 5:30 p.m.
- Call to Order & Declaration of a Quorum
- Invocation and Pledges
- Welcome Guests
- Induct New Governing Board Members for 2013-2014
- Elect Governing Board Officers for 2013-2014
- Approval of Minutes: Approve Meeting Minutes for May 2013
- Executive Director’s Report
- Program Presentation: Public Housing Program
- Discussion: Amending Bylaws to Allow Proxy Voting
- 2013 Annual Event Announcement
- Employee Appreciation Luncheon
- Authorize the Secretary/Treasurer to make payments in the amounts as listed.
- Approve Articles of Incorporation for the Texoma Regional Foundation, a proposed 501(c)3 non-profit corporation; authorize the Executive Director to submit the Texas Secretary of State Form 501, Application for Reservation or Renewal of Reservation of an Entity Name; authorize the Executive Director to submit the Texas Secretary of State Form 202, Certificate of Formation, Nonprofit Corporation setting forth the purpose of the foundation, as well as the three initial foundation directors. Approve submission of IRS form 1023 seeking tax exempt status.
- Authorize the approval of FY2011 & FY2012 Homeland Security Projects for Fannin and Cooke Counties.
- Approve the FY2013 allocation method, and projects as attached for utilization of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security FY2013 Homeland Security Grant Program.
- Accept grant funding in the amount of $83,403 from the Texoma Senior Citizen Foundation for the purpose of providing services for seniors in the Sherman area through TCOG’s Elder Watch Program.
- Authorize adopting Social Media General Policy and Social Media Use Policy for Authorized Staff.
- Accept recommendation, if any, regarding TCOG FYE 2014 Budget.
- President’s Report
All items on Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Council of Governments and will be enacted with one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items unless a member of the governing body or a citizen so requests, in which event these items will be removed from the general order of business and considered in normal sequence.
View Meeting Agendas and Minutes here when published.