Governing Board Meeting
The TCOG Governing Board meets on the third Thursday of each month. To view a list of current board members as well as the most recent twelve meeting agendas and approved minutes, please visit
Texoma Council of Governments
Governing Board Meeting
Thursday, July 21, 2016 – 5:30 p.m.
- Call to Order & Declaration of a Quorum
- Invocation and Pledges
- Welcome Guests
- Board Member Service Award for Roy Floyd
- Induct New Governing Board Members for 2016-2017
- Executive Director’s Report
- Energy Services Program Presentation, Judy Fullylove
- Program Committee Bylaws on Website
- Mental Health Stakeholder Group
- GLO Visit to Texoma
- USDA-Rural Development’s Community Facilities Relending Program
- Approval of Minutes
- Ratify liabilities paid in the amounts as listed.
- Ratify TDHCA contract extensions for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) 2015 Contracts.
- Executive Session
- Closed Meeting: Board shall convene into a closed executive session pursuant to Section 551.071 of the TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE to seek legal advice from its attorney regarding pending litigation – Stacee Sloan Caskey v. Keith Clegg, and Stacee Sloan Caskey v. Susan Thomas, individually and as Executive Director, and the Texoma Council of Governments matters.
- Reconvene into open meeting.
- Discussion and decision on any action as a result of executive session.
- Approve agreement with the City of Bonham for Planning Services.
- Ratify the 2016 CEAP contract with Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) which includes increased funding.
- Ratify the 2016 LIHEAP contract with Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) which includes increased funding.
- Ratify submission of TDHCA application and acceptance, if awarded, for additional DOE and LIHEAP Weatherization funding for the counties of: Denton, Rockwall, Collin and Hunt. Also, authorize a new Weatherization Inspector position.
- Ratify submission of the AmeriCorps VISTA North Texas Sponsor application and authorize acceptance if awarded.
- Authorize Administration & Finance staff to close the TCEQ/SEP savings account and open a TCEQ/SEP checking account.
- Receive Monthly Financial Oversight Report for date listed.
- Accept recommendation, if any, regarding TCOG’s FYE 2017 Budget.
- President’s Report
All items on Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Council of Governments and will be enacted with one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Governing Body or a citizen so requests, in which event these items will be removed from the general order of business and considered in normal sequence.
Announcement by the presiding officer that a closed meeting will take place as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071, “Consultations with Attorney,” for the Board to seek advice on legal matters.
View Meeting Agendas and Minutes here when published.