Governing Board Meeting
The TCOG Governing Board meets on the third Thursday of each month. To view a list of current board members as well as the most recent twelve meeting agendas and approved minutes, please visit
Texoma Council of Governments
Governing Board Meeting
Thursday, January 19, 2017 – 5:30 p.m.
- Call to Order & Declaration of a Quorum
- Invocation and Pledges
- Welcome Guests
- Induct New Governing Board Member for 2016-2017
- Executive Director’s Report
- Approval of Minutes
- Ratify liabilities paid in the amounts as listed.
- Ratify CSBG contract extension with Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs.
- Executive Session
Announcement by the presiding officer that a closed meeting will take place as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071, “Consultations with Attorney,” for the Board to seek advice on legal matters.
- Closed Meeting: Board shall convene into a closed executive session pursuant to Section 551.071 of the TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE to seek legal advice from its attorney regarding pending litigation – Stacee Sloan Caskey v. Keith Clegg, and Stacee Sloan Caskey v. Susan Thomas, individually and as Executive Director, and the Texoma Council of Governments matters.
- Reconvene into open meeting.
- Discussion and decision on any action as a result of executive session.
- Receive Monthly Financial Oversight Report for date listed.
- Accept recommendation, if any, regarding TCOG’s FYE 2017 Budget.
- Authorize a new part-time Ombudsman position for Aging Services.
- Authorize increase of hours for Caregiver/Care Coordination Specialist.
- Authorize a new part-time Money Management Specialist for Aging Services.
- Ratify contract amendments to the two (2) current CEAP contracts with Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) which include additional funding and an extension to the contract end date.
- Ratify the amended contract with DOE to include additional funding for the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP).
- Ratify 2017 LIHEAP contract with Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) and approve one new inspector position. Ratify 2016 LIHEAP contract to include extension to ending date of 3/31/2017.
- Ratify submission of Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) application and acceptance, if awarded, of CEAP funding for the counties of Collin, Denton, Hunt and Rockwall; authorize, if funded, four (4) new positions in Energy Services; and approve attached Salary Schedule for all program positions.
- Authorize full-time employment status of the Public Safety Planner (Specialist III).
- Authorize the Procurement Process for the FY2016 Regional Communications Project.
- Accept TCOG CJAC Bylaws update.
- Accept TCOG CJAC Members for the term of 2017-2019.
- Authorize payment of annual membership dues to National Association of Development Organizations (NADO) in the amount of $2,166.67, Texas Association of Regional Councils (TARC) in the amount of $6,786.28 and to The Corporation for Texas Regionalism (CTR) in the amount of $5,000, and name TCOG Board Designee to NADO, TARC, and CTR.
- Authorize decrease of personal vehicle mileage rate reimbursement to $0.535 per mile effective January 20, 2017 and permanently tie TCOG’s mileage reimbursement rate to the IRS Standard Mileage Rate or the Texas State Comptroller Rate, whichever is less.
- Receive proposed TCOG Bylaws Amendment.
- President’s Report
All items on Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Council of Governments and will be enacted with one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Governing Body or a citizen so requests, in which event these items will be removed from the general order of business and considered in normal sequence.
View Meeting Agendas and Minutes here when published.