Governing Board Meeting
The TCOG Governing Board meets on the third Thursday of each month. To view a list of current board members as well as the most recent twelve meeting agendas and approved minutes, please visit
Below is a brief overview of this month’s agenda:
Texoma Council of Governments
Governing Board Meeting
Thursday, January 17, 2013 – 5:30 p.m.
- Call to Order & Declaration of a Quorum
- Invocation and Pledges
- Welcome Guests
- Approval of Minutes: Approve Meeting Minutes for December 2012
- Executive Director’s Report
- Update on Legislative Priorities
- Municipal Solid Waste Program Presentation
- Authorize the Secretary/Treasurer to make payments in the amounts as listed.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into an Amy Young Barrier Removal contract with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA).
- Authorize the Executive Director to execute a memorandum of understanding with North Texas Youth Connection to accept $96,750 of the Emergency Solutions Grant funded through the Texas Department of Housing & Community Affairs (TDHCA).
- Authorize the Executive Director to execute a contract with Texas Association of Community Action Agencies (TACAA) on behalf of ONCOR Electric Delivery Company in an amount up to $175,000.
- Accept grant funding in the amount of $100,000 from the Texoma Senior Citizens Foundation for the purpose of providing services for seniors in the Sherman area through TCOG’s Care Coordination Program.
- Authorize submission of the Annual Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP) certification to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for Fiscal Year ending December 31, 2012.
- Approve the Contract Amendment between TCOG and the Texoma Housing Partners (THP) to provide for an annual Management Fee.
- Accept recommendation to increase employee benefit allocation rate to 57% effective January 1, 2013.
- President’s Report
All items on Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Council of Governments and will be enacted with one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items unless a member of the governing body or a citizen so requests, in which event these items will be removed from the general order of business and considered in normal sequence.
View Meeting Agendas and Minutes here when published.