Governing Board Meeting
The TCOG Governing Board meets on the third Thursday of each month. To view a list of current board members as well as the most recent twelve meeting agendas and approved minutes, please visit
Texoma Council of Governments
Governing Board Meeting
Thursday, February 21, 2013 – 5:30 p.m.
- Call to Order & Declaration of a Quorum
- Invocation and Pledges
- Welcome Guests
- Approval of Minutes: Approve Meeting Minutes for January 2013
- Executive Director’s Report
- Legislative Priorities Update
- 2-1-1 Texoma Program Presentation
- Authorize the Secretary/Treasurer to make payments in the amounts as listed.
- Authorize submission of the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) FYE 2013 budget to the Texas Department of Housing & Community Affairs (TDHCA).
- Authorize the Executive Director to execute the contract with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) for Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program funding in the amount of $699,264.
- Approve signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Grayson College for the use of their west campus parking lot for collection of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) on April 20, 2013.
- Authorize the following TCOG Criminal Justice Advisory Committee (CJAC) members for the term of 2013-2015.
- Authorize the audit engagement for fiscal year ending April 30, 2013.
- Authorize suspension of normal procurement process and authorize sole source selection in order to execute the attached Memorandum of Understanding with Eric Neagu and Beverly Santicola (Project Team) to provide planning facilitation, consulting and grant writing assistance to the Government Services Department of Texoma Council of Governments.
- Accept and authorize issuing an amendment to TCOG’s Personnel Policy Manual regarding Funeral Leave.
- Authorize adding Section 14.9 Tenure Recognition to TCOG Personnel Policy Manual.
- Take the following action regarding TCOG’s Proposed Budget for FYE 2014:
a. Approve Proposed Financing Plan for FYE 2014
b. Approve TCOG Unrestricted Fund FYE 2014 Proposed Uses
c. Approve Proposed FTE and Salary Budget Authority for FYE 2014 and State Salary Comparison
d. Set Indirect Cost Allocation Rates at 11.74% for General and Administrative Expense and 14.80% for On-Site Programs using a base of appropriate Direct Personnel Costs for FYE 2014
e. Set Central Service IT Cost Allocation Rate at 7.43% using a base of appropriate Direct Personnel Costs for FYE 2014
f. Set Employee Benefit Rate at 56.0% for FYE 2014, adopt FYE 2014 holiday schedule as presented
g. Approve dues structure for FYE 2014
h. Approve extension of Gallagher Building loan payments for FYE 2014 approximately $17,202 per month
- Authorize the Executive Director to execute an agreement to refinance the existing building loan and establish a line of credit at Prosperity Bank.
- Ratify execution of a contract with Direct Energy to provide electric service to the Gallagher Office Building for the period of May 2013 through April 2016 at a fixed rate of $0.5427 per kwh.
- Authorize increasing personal vehicle mileage rate to $0.565 per mile effective March 1, 2013.
- Accept this report of investments for the period November 1, 2012 through January 31, 2013.
- Review TCOG Investment Policy and provide direction to staff regarding any desired changes.
- Accept recommendation, if any, regarding TCOG FYE 2013 Budget.
- President’s Report
All items on Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Council of Governments and will be enacted with one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items unless a member of the governing body or a citizen so requests, in which event these items will be removed from the general order of business and considered in normal sequence.
View Meeting Agendas and Minutes here when published.