Governing Board Meeting
The TCOG Governing Board meets on the third Thursday of each month. To view a list of current board members as well as the most recent twelve meeting agendas and approved minutes, please visit
Texoma Council of Governments
Governing Board Meeting
Thursday, February 20, 2014 – 5:30 p.m.
- Call to Order & Declaration of a Quorum
- Invocation and Pledges
- Welcome Guests
- Approval of Minutes: Approve Meeting Minutes for January 2014
- Executive Director’s Report
- 9-1-1 Equipment Upgrade Update – CJ Durbin-Higgins
- Program Presentation: Benefits Counseling – Janet Karam
- Authorize the Secretary/Treasurer to make payments in the amounts as listed
- Authorize Executive Director to execute an Agreement for Services with TMF Health Quality Institute for the Diabetes Education Empowerment Program (DEEP) in the amount of $4,500.
- Ratify the January 23, 2014 execution of a state contract with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) for LIHEAP federal funding in the amount of $635,261.
- Ratify the January 17, 2014 execution of a Contract Amendment with Texas Association of Community Action Agencies (TACAA) on behalf of ONCOR Electric Delivery Company in an amount up to $190,000 and extending the contract period through October 31, 2014.
- Approve the recommended amendments to the TCOG Personnel Policy Manual as follows: (1) Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) Eligibility – set employee eligibility in receiving Board-approved COLA adjustments as, “must be a regular TCOG employee continuously employed for at least six (6) months”; (2) Longevity Pay – include employee eligibility in receiving longevity pay, “after five (5) years of continuous regular employment, employee will receive $50 per month in longevity pay.”
- Approve TCOG’s FYE 2015 Proposed Budget to include the following actions:
- Approve the FYE 2015 Proposed Revenue Plan
- Approve the FYE 2015 Proposed FTE and Salary Budget Authority
- Approve the FYE 2015 Proposed State Salary Comparison
- Approve the FYE 2015 Certificate of Indirect Costs to:
- Set General & Administrative Rate at 15.45%
- Set On-site Rate at 14.01%
- Set Central Service Information Technology Rate at 7.55%
- Approve the FYE 2015 Employee Benefit Rate at 49.20%
- Approve the FYE 2015 Proposed Holiday Schedule
- Approve the FYE 2015 Membership Dues Schedule
- Accept recommendation, if any, regarding TCOG FYE 2014 Budget.
- President’s Report
All items on Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Council of Governments and will be enacted with one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items unless a member of the governing body or a citizen so requests, in which event these items will be removed from the general order of business and considered in normal sequence.
View Meeting Agendas and Minutes here when published.