Governing Board Meeting
The TCOG Governing Board meets on the third Thursday of each month. To view a list of current board members as well as the most recent twelve meeting agendas and approved minutes, please visit
Texoma Council of Governments
Governing Board Meeting
Thursday, February 16, 2017 – 5:30 p.m.
- Call to Order & Declaration of a Quorum
- Invocation and Pledges
- Welcome Guests
- Executive Director’s Report
- Approval of Minutes
- Ratify liabilities paid in the amounts as listed.
- Executive Session
Announcement by the presiding officer that a closed meeting will take place as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071, “Consultations with Attorney,” for the Board to seek advice on legal matters.
- Closed Meeting: Board shall convene into a closed executive session pursuant to Section 551.071 of the TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE to seek legal advice from its attorney regarding pending litigation – Stacee Sloan Caskey v. Keith Clegg, and Stacee Sloan Caskey v. Susan Thomas, individually and as Executive Director, and the Texoma Council of Governments matters.
- Reconvene into open meeting.
- Discussion and decision on any action as a result of executive session.
- Receive Monthly Financial Oversight Report for date listed.
- Accept this report of investments for the period of October 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016.
- Accept recommendation, if any, regarding TCOG’s FYE 2017 Budget.
- Take action on proposed TCOG Bylaws amendment.
- Receive and approve recommendation by TCOG Governing Board President for the appointment of Vice President for the duration of the 2016-2017 TCOG Governing Board term.
- Approve revision to Section 12 of the TCOG Personnel Policy Manual clarifying overtime policy for non-exempt employees.
- Authorize submission of the Annual Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP) certification to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for Fiscal Year ending December 31, 2016.
- Ratify contract with Texas Department of Housing & Community Affairs (TDHCA) for CEAP funding to service Grayson, Fannin, and Cooke counties.
- Ratify contract with TACAA for weatherization funding to serve ONCOR customers.
- Approve the proposal from Sanitation Solutions, Inc. stating the Fannin County transfer station conforms to the Texoma Solid Waste Management Plan.
- Authorize submission and, if awarded, the acceptance of the Cooke County United Way 2017 Grant Proposal of $35,000.
- Authorize the audit engagement for fiscal year ending April 30, 2017.
- President’s Report
All items on Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Council of Governments and will be enacted with one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Governing Body or a citizen so requests, in which event these items will be removed from the general order of business and considered in normal sequence.
View Meeting Agendas and Minutes here when published.