Energy Services Inspector
Texoma Council of Governments is accepting applications for Energy Services Inspector for the. Duties include performing energy assessments/audits for residential and/or commercial units and determining appropriate weatherization applications to be installed.
High school diploma or its equivalent and a minimum of five years related maintenance experience preferred. Equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position may be considered in lieu of diploma.
The Energy Services Program includes the Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) which provides energy assistance up to pre-determined amounts for low income households; the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) which provides for repairs which reduce utility costs by minimizing the infiltration of air; and the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Program which provides support for a range of services and activities which address the causes of poverty.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The inspector exercises discretion and independent judgment in the performance of initial energy assessments of residential and/or commercial units. Inspector shall determine appropriate applications to improve the energy efficiency of the unit. May conduct final inspection of the installation of weatherization applications and verify completion and quality of work.
1. Reports to: Program Manager
2. Directs: This is a non-supervisory position
3. Other: Executive Director, Department Directors, other COG employees, public officials, and the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Complete initial energy assessments for residential and/or commercial units;
2. Determine appropriate weatherization applications to be installed in unit based on approved audit results;
3. Effectively communicate with clients regarding all work to be performed and estimated timelines associated with that work;
4. Complete all required paperwork and reports associated with assessments and audits;
5. Maintain program equipment and vehicles;
6. May complete final inspection of weatherization applications in either residential and/or commercial units;
7. May verify procedures and materials comply with specifications and applicable city and state building codes and ordinances;
8. May perform quality assurance/quality control functions;
9. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Other Important Duties and Responsibilities: Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Understand and accurately complete work within the Weatherization Assistance Program guidelines;
2. Have knowledge of current building codes and regulations;
3. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, program participants, service providers, and the general public;
4. Demonstrate proficiency in both written and oral communication;
5. Exhibit excellent computer skills including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment;
6. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and ability to work in a multi-task environment, either independently or as part of a team;
7. Maintain a positive attitude.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
High school diploma or its equivalent and a minimum of five years of related maintenance experience is preferred. Equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position may be considered in lieu of diploma.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED
Appropriate driver’s license or available alternate means of transportation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Sitting, talking, hearing, seeing, driving, standing, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, feeling, reaching, lifting, grasping, twisting above the waist, bending at waist, repetitive hand and arm motion, and fine finger manipulation in the use of a computer, climb ladders, enter crawl spaces, exertion of force, manipulation of hand and/or foot controls.