The MSW program is overseen by the Natural Resources Advisory Committee (NRAC) which consists of members who represent a broad range of interests, including a representative of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, public officials, private operators, citizen groups, and interested individuals.
News and Announcements
FY2012 Request for Applications
Waste Information & Links
Local Resources for HHW Disposal
View HHW in a larger map
Frequently Asked Questions
Did you know?
State law requires computer manufacturers to offer Texas consumers free and convenient computer equipment recycling.
How do I dispose of paint?
- For 1″ or less of paint left in the can, open the lid and store in a safe place until the paint has dried. Dispose of the “opened” can in your garbage. If you have an old board, paint it with the leftover paint and dispose after the paint dries. For volumes more than 1″, purchase paint hardener from a hardware store and add to the paint. When hardened, dispose of the “opened” can in your garbage. For a printable version of how to recycle your paint, click Here.
How do I dispose of used oil?
- Ask oil change businesses if they will accept used oil. A charge may be involved. Contact your County Commissioner and ask about disposal options.
How do I dispose of used tires?
- Contact for up-to-date charges.
How can I recycle my computer?
- Visit manufacturer’s website for recycle information that is free to the consumer or follow this Equipment Manufacturer link to find out more information about your brand of TV.
How can I recycle my TV?
- TV recycling became a reality on September 1, 2011. The Texas Legislature approved a TV recycling bill. Follow the Television Recycling link for guidance on the new Texas television recycling program.