June 21, 2012 Agenda
Texoma Council of Governments
Governing Board Meeting
Thursday, June 21, 2012 – 5:30 p.m.
- Call to Order & Declaration of a Quorum
- Invocation and Pledges
- Welcome Guests
- Induct New Governing Board Members for 2012-2013
- Elect Governing Board Officers for 2012-2013
- Approval of Minutes: Approve Meeting Minutes for May 2012
- Executive Director’s Report
- Program Manager Introductions
- Economic Impact Report
- Authorize the Secretary/Treasurer to make payments in the amounts as listed.
- Approve the 2012-2017 Texoma Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy for submission to the Economic Development Administration (EDA).
- Authorize the Executive Director to execute an amendment to the CEAP contract with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) bringing total CEAP funding for PY2012 to $1,156,166.00.
- Ratify and approve submission to Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs bylaws of the CSAC.
- Approve draft GIS Interlocal Agreement and new population-based pricing structure AND authorize Executive Director to negotiate new annual interlocal agreements with the City of Denison, Cooke County, Fannin County, and Grayson County to be effective October 1, 2012 AND authorize Executive Director to terminate existing GIS Interlocal Agreements with referenced jurisdictions effective September 30, 2012.
- Accept grant funding in the amount of $60,000 from the Texoma Senior Citizen Foundation for the purpose of providing services for seniors in the Sherman area through TCOG’s Elder Watch Program.
- Accept grant funding in the amount of $22,000 from the Texoma Senior Citizen Foundation for the purpose of providing benefits counseling services for seniors in Cooke County.
- Accept recommendation, if any, regarding TCOG FYE 2013 Budget.
- President’s Report
All items on Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Council of Governments and will be enacted with one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items unless a member of the governing body or a citizen so requests, in which event these items will be removed from the general order of business and considered in normal sequence.