August 16, 2012 Agenda
Texoma Council of Governments
Governing Board Meeting
Thursday, August 16, 2012 – 5:30 p.m.
- Call to Order & Declaration of a Quorum
- Invocation and Pledges
- Welcome Guests
- Approval of Minutes: Approve Meeting Minutes for July 2012
- Executive Director’s Report
- Authorize the Secretary/Treasurer to make payments in the amounts as listed.
- Authorize submission of the TCOG Section 8 Annual PHA Plan.
- Approve the Texas Department of Agriculture’s CEDAF contract agreement for Program Year 2012 in the amount of $7,569.
- Authorize the acceptance of the congregate and home delivered meal budget totaling $461,617. ($182,400 for congregate and $279,217 for home delivered meals) for the Tri-County Senior Nutrition Project, Inc. (AKA Meals on Wheels of Texoma).
- Accept 3rd year funding from HHSC in the amount of $390,695 for FY2013 for Texoma AIC/2-1-1 Texas for contract period September 1, 2012 – August 31, 2013.
- Approve the adoption of the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- Approve the TCOG Homeland Security Advisory Committee Officers & Members
- Authorize the acceptance of addendum to the Falls Prevention “Matter of Balance” contract for FYE 2013 for the Aging Services Department.
- Authorize the request of $20,518 from CNCS state grant to fund the Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) for the period September 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013, the last of a three-year cycle.
- Accept this report of investments for the period May 1, 2012 through July 31, 2012.
- Accept Recommendation, if any, regarding TCOG FYE 2013 Budget.
- Executive Session
- Closed Meeting: Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071, “Consultation with Attorney; Closed Meeting,” the Board will seek the advice of its attorney about pending litigation styled Shelley v. Texoma Council of Governments.
- Reconvene into open meeting.
- Discussion and decision on any action regarding pending litigation styled Shelley v. Texoma Council of Governments.
- President’s Report
- Citizens of the Year Nomination Committee
- Regional Citizen of the Year Nomination Committee
All items on Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Council of Governments and will be enacted with one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items unless a member of the governing body or a citizen so requests, in which event these items will be removed from the general order of business and considered in normal sequence.
Announcement by the presiding officer that a closed meeting will take place as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071, “Consultation with Attorney; Closed Meeting,” for the Board to seek the advice of its attorney about pending litigation styled Shelley v. Texoma Council of Governments.